Clayton Village

Welcome to the Clayton Village Website...

Clayton Village is located on a plateau of land on the south side of Clayton Beck Valley, 3 miles to the West of Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Clayton was originally settled as a Saxon farming settlement and is referred to in Doomsday records of 1086 as Claiton which - translates as literally meaning Farmstead on Clay.

Clayton still retains much of its village atmosphere today with much of the village centre protected as a conservation area.

This website is intended to provide a useful source of information both for the residents of Clayton and for anyone else who is considering visiting, or has an interest in Clayton Village, it's surroundings and the numerous places of interest that are nearby.

Any comments or suggestions about this website, or any Group or organisation who would like to be included on the site should send details to claytonvillage@aol.com

 


 

Disclaimer: Views and Opinions expressed on this website do not necessarily represent the views of Clayton Parish Council. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any given time. This site is intended only to give general information about Clayton Village and Clayton Parish Council. While every effort is made to post only accurate information, the website does not guarantee that the information posted is always current or correct.